Saturday 11 July 2015

Claire McDonnell




Hi my name is Claire and along with all the other members of 'The Room' I attend St Andrews Church, Biggleswade and will be travelling with them to South Africa.

I currently work as a music teacher at Northampton School for Boys.

For me this trip is greatly outside of my comfort zone but something that I feel called to do. Working with 'The Room' has enabled me to grow and develop my own faith as well as helping them along their journey of faith. Embarking on this adventure together as a team and sharing God's love with the communities that we will meet is extremely exciting, and I feel privileged to be able to do this with such an amazing and dedicated group of young adults.

For me this trip is all about giving back what we have been lucky enough to receive; love does not cost anything and that is what these communities need. Experiencing the lives and cultures of others will hopefully lead to the group having a greater understanding of the diverse world we live in and to be humbled by their appreciation of what they do have, their love for each other and the unity brought to the world by faith.

I hope and pray that our trip will enhance the lives of the communities, even by the tiniest amount, by the care and compassion we are all prepared to give, and by the love that God has taught us.

2 comments:

  1. :) <3 You, Claire! Prayin for your ministry with these kids and that you'd all be really blessed and bless others! ~Glo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job in Africa Rowlster :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read our blog, any comments are much appreciated!